Saturday, December 10, 2005

El Mercado Rodoriguez



Today is already my second Saturday here. I went to the Rodriguez market with my host mom and host sister Claudia. I kept being amazed by the Bolivian unique fruit and veggies there. As it used to be hundreds of years ago, the INDIJENAS still wear traditional skirts and hats which were greatly influenced by the Spanish people in that age. It is interesting to know how they adapted the Spanish culture, mixing it with their own.


After the crazy shopping we went to a nice cafe near our apartment and had Saltiña, which is Bolivian bread with meat and potatoes inside. Looks dangerous...but YUMMY! A bit spicy, hot, and juicy, too. There are other options like veggie, chicken, beef, and cheese. Bolivian food is MUY DERICIOSO! Honestly, I didn't expect it this much...;P I am happy to live here!!!! Wahahahha!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home