Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mis Amigos que trabajan para un ONG






As I mentioned before, since I came here I’ve been looking for local resources: institutions, people, some courses, reference books, etc, so that I can work here more easily. I encountered this NGO recently. It was founded by an American father who lost his daughter, an exchange student, in Bolivia by a car accident.

Following his daughter’s will to help people here, the father has created a NGO in Montero, Santa Cruz, where I live now. I often visit the NGO to get to know the people who work there, kids who live in the community and come to the center to study and have free lunch, and mothers who come to the center to learn the nutrition, sewing and all that.

4 foreigners work for the NGO. The two of them are Americans who are alumni of Peace Corp in Niger and Ecuador. They are super dooper cool. They understand my situation perfectly since they used to be a volunteer and went through similar difficulties that I am facing now. Whenever I visit them, they listen to me carefully, consult me and motivate me. They literally make my day! They are now doing a master course in the states and their work here is directly related to their thesis for the grad school. I come to myself, when I talk with them. They remind me of why I wanted to here and what for I came here. They are one of the best persons ever I met, honestly;)

I had a nice dinner at their house the other day. Christina made a special African dish. OOOOOOO! Yummy. My next destination should be Africa, hu! The next weekend I gotta make a din for them. What should it be? Sashimi? Okonomiyaki? Nikujaga? Californian Role? Chopsuey?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home