Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nuestro Van se plantó en el barro de camino a un pueblo


Ohh, Feb 24, it was a long day. When I woke up at 6:30 and put on a rubber flip-flop, I felt water on the bottom of my right foot. Shortly, I realized it was raining violently and the water was running into the hall from the porch.

At 7:00 my supervisor and I left home by van for a village to participate in a workshop. Up until the first 1 hour drive, I was pleasantly enjoying the scenery of the nature, a cool breeze, and conversations with my colleagues. After that, the "road" was gone; or rather the road in concrete switched to muddy and sludgy trails. Presently, we found a truck bogged in the mud and cars and busses behind were stuck at the same time. (See the attached pic.) I got amazed by what was happening without knowing it was exactly going to happen to us in no time.

When our van got stuck, I didn’t know what was going on and suddenly my colleagues said "Let’s get out of here." and they got off. I was sitting in the back of the van alone and in order to open the door, I had to get somebody’s help from outside. I really wanted to leave the van, since I needed to go to a bathroom. However the driver left me in the van and shouted, "Hold on to your seat!" Then he tried to start the van. I got trembled badly all over at the roar and the shock which the van made to get out of the mud. It didn’t do anything, only to get stuck deeper into the mud.

I hate rides in a theme park, but honestly people, in this case it’s by far worse, because there was no security that you wouldn’t hurt nor die from the ride. Then the next moment, I was screaming "Please get me out! I gotta go to a bathroom!" When my supervisor asked me, "I will hold a towel for you so you can hide." So sad I had to say, "Thank you. But I also have diarrhea." Obviously, I amused all my colleagues by saying this. Nobody didn’t take it really seriously, instead they kept laughing out loud at me. I LOVE the people here. Anyway I made it and afterwards we walked 3 km in bare feet on the mud in the rain to look for a help from the nearest village. It became another life history of mine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home