Thursday, August 03, 2006

Seguimiento del curso de soya




As a follow-up of the alimentation course, which I organized 2 months ago, based on SOY, I’ve been visiting some schools now. At the course as obligation we invited 8 vendors who work in or around schools in the town with such a huge responsibility in the alimentation for the students. Some of the vendors live in the school as a guard. They take care of breakfast for the kids and snack, of course.

When I visited a school for the first time, I was immensely impressed by what a vendor invented applying what she learned at the course. She made a pie cookie covered with chocolate (it is way too hard to explain) using mostly flour of soy. She looked very confident in her soy products and told me that the kids love SOY food and buy those things! I was almost crying when I heard that! And the next moment she was trying to invite me the chocolate thing, though I have psychologically trauma to the brown evil thing.

But how can you refuse this? As the organizer of the course, I have responsibility at least to try all the things that the participants make… I begged God, Buddha, Jesus, Guru, Kamisama, evil spirit or whatever helps me not to die from the chocolate. I had no choice. I put the thing into my mouth, and calmly I smiled at her like a mtoher does to her little kid. Then, I said “OH MY GOD, SO YUMMYYYYYYYYYY! “ You know, this is also my job to motivate people to keep doing what I tried to capacitate them about.

I took some pics of the students who bought some soy products. I convinced one of them to buy chicha de soya (soy juice), while she was trying to get a bottle of coke. Basically I said to the female student to drink soy juice to have smoothie skin so that she can look much prettier. Here in Bolivia or any other countries in Latin America to be pretty seems like something prioritized more than anything else. So I knew that it would work on the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home