Thursday, September 14, 2006

Verdad que ya me siento más comodo hablar Castellano que inglès y japonès


As I am Japanese, born and grown in Japan for more than 20 years, Japanese comes in the first place when it comes to explanation of things. But here, let’s say there are several things that I want to talk about for my journal, right? Then, very often it hits me in Spanish or, if less, English. But in actuality, when I start writing it down, I prefer keep going on in Japanese. Do I think in Spanish now? Is that just because here I listen to Spanish exclusively? I don’t know why, really. And it doesn’t really matter.

Speaking of the devil, or languages, I feel more comfortable speaking Spanish now than English, which is sort of strange since obviously I have more vocabulary in English. When I talked with Arin, one of the sisters of my BF, on the phone last night, she asked me if I speak Spanish great now. I said NEY. But when I was talking to her I realized that probably it is not a language matter, it is a relationship matter. Since I felt comfortable talking to her in English, even I didn’t feel that I was using English at the moment. So my conclusion can be something like “I really love my BF’s family.” Well, and I do.

About the pics, I went to a house for disabled children to teach ORIGAMI. They liked it a lot. In the beginning, they didn’t speak to me at all, but one by one they smiled at me and uttered some words. I was glad. ORIGAMI is a great therapy
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Natchan!
Origami is awesome! I wish I knew how to do it! I am so happy to hear things like that. Also, I like your analysis of the devil, I mean language!

When I get lonely here, I really want to speak Japanese because I associate that with you and with my students. I think that is really interesting.

Bravo!
Mucho Ai,
Jimmuchi

PS: Erin says "Konnichi-howdy"

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Natsuko said...

hey jimbo,

i wish you could visit them with me too when you come over here again.

you can teach english or the Satan words.

Love ya,
NACHO

Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home